Posted by admin on May 6, 2012 in Uncategorized
| Comments Off
Sometimes it just feels like you are drained, and yet you aren’t even half way through the day. There are some small things that you can do that can dramatically improve your energy. Here is a list of how to have more energy during the day, try a couple out and see what works best for you.
- Eat a Healthy Mid Afternoon Snack – Eating a small healthy snack that has some protein and is low in sugar will keep your body functioning at peak performance. If you eat something that is slower digesting, then your body has more fuel to keep going. Try eating some granola, fruit, vegetables, or some raw nuts.
- Eat More Fruits, Especially Berries – Berries are packed with antioxidants that boost your energy and fruits and berries have high water content, so the sugar breaks down more slowly in your system creating more energy.
- Siesta Time – Take a quick nap keeping it to 5-10 minutes, and you will feel instantly like a new person.
- Meditate – Mediating for even 5 minutes can dramatically increase your energy and clear your mind so you can focus on what is important. Just sit comfortably and close your eyes for 5 minutes and focus on your breathing.
- Set Your Alarm – Getting up every day at the same time will get your body adjusted to a sleep pattern so that you aren’t so tired mid-day. Make sure that you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Drink a Lot of Water- Drinking a lot of water throughout the day will keep you hydrated and more focused.
- Watch Your Caffeine Intake – Drinking caffeine actually does the opposite effect on your body. Yes it will give you energy at first, but then you will find that you are worse off than before you drank the coffee. Caffeine is also very addictive, which means you will need more and more each time just to get yourself energized.
- Take some Vitamin B – The B vitamins are very important to all of the body’s functions including turning sugar into energy. So take a B complex 2 times per day to help fight fatigue.
- Stretch and Breathe Deeply – Breathing deeply will put more oxygen into your body which will convert into more energy, and stretching also helps get your muscles moving and your body moving, creating more energy especially if you sit at a desk all day.
- Get Organized – Get your office and desk organized, and you will free up your mind which will give you more energy. Keeping your life organized keeps your mind organized so you aren’t wasting mental energy on all different things.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.